How to become accredited
Signing up to Cyclops and having your beer accredited is a straightforward process.
How much does it cost?
The Cyclops Trust is a non-profit-making company and any profits are invested back into the scheme. Costs are kept as low as possible.
It costs £300 to get up to 5 beers accredited and £30 for any additional beers.
There is an annual fee to cover the cost of the website which ranges from £30 for small breweries to £350 for larger breweries.
Your fee pays for:
- The Cyclops assessor at Everards Brewery to assess your beers by running a full laboratory analysis (which you are provided with and can discuss with the assessor), organising a tasting session and producing tasting notes and artwork for your own use and on the Cyclops website.
- Keeping www.cyclopsbeer.co.uk up to date.
- Promoting Cyclops Beer to consumers and the trade.
- Your beers' Cyclops descriptions are also included on the CaskFinder App.
Accreditation of additional beers:
For each extra beer that you wish to have accredited the cost is just £30.
- Send a sample of the beer to be accredited at Everards Brewery. SIBA members book in via SIBA email: firstname.lastname@example.org Brewers that are not SIBA members book in direct to Everards email: email@example.com
- Everards will agree artwork and descriptors with you, analyse the sample and give you written feedback, artwork will then be published on the website.
- Cost is £30 for all (SIBA and non SIBA members)
Alternatively you may wish to self-accredit additional beers yourselves. Find out more >>